Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Research Paper Reflection

My paper was on the problem of malpractice in anesthesiology. The topic interested me because I want to be an anesthesiologist, and the idea of malpractice has a big impact of health care systems, which is what this class is all about. It took me awhile to come up with a thesis statement for which direction I wanted to go for my paper, and after my research I decided that my thesis should be a question: can malpractice be stopped? Finding research and information on the history and current study of anesthesiology and malpractice wasn't too difficult. Finding personal accounts of malpractice suits was a bit more difficult unless I looked on lawyer's websites. For my thesis though, technically I could not have a definitive answer, but when I put all my research together and look at outcomes, I could say that if anesthesiology and its methods are done properly 100% of the time and the education matches new and rising technology, then malpractice in the field should be at a very small minimum. Tying together all my ideas for my paper was kind of difficult because the paper could have went in so many different directions, but I think the way I argued the sides from the patients' perspective, the doctors' perspective and the medicine and technology itself, I think it flowed well to serve my point of answering my thesis statement with a logical conclusion. The majority of my sources were very reliable or educational and I think it all fit well into my paper and it ended up being the perfect length of not too short or not too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment