Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Technology in the Hospital: Ch. 3-5

I was interested by Ch.5 where it got more in depth about the x-ray image. What stood out to be the most was how important gender was in reading the machine. I did not realize that gender would even be a factor in making machines. I knew that clearly there were different parts and organs in males and females and that physicians needed to know the difference in interpret the image of an x-ray. I also like reading about the privacy part of this chapter. I never thought about that while the health care system was building up that there was not doctor-patient confidentially and that your x-rays and pictures could be every where. When I look at our technology today, I never would've guess how slowly everything came about and improved over time. We are so privileged with so much that I would not be able to imagine a time where there was not treatments or cure or machines that easily distinguished between broken bones and just a slight sprain. Slowly but surely, it seems like hospitals are definitely advancing more than the hospitals of the Civil War, and I'm ready to see what new machines or technique will come about next.

No comments:

Post a Comment